- Respiratory Medicine Subject Collection
- A collection of all the library resources available for respiratory medicine practitioners.
- ULH = access permitted for ULHT staff only.
LPT = access permitted for LPFT staff only.
LCHS = access permitted for LCHS staff only.
$ = access by username and password; contact the library for details.
(18), (12), (6), (3) - content is embargoed for the last 18, 12, 6 or 3 months etc.
? = Helpsheet for accessing journals from the ProQuest Hospital Collection.
- UK Guidance
- This section covers UK guidelines published since January 2011, and is updated every other month. For the very latest guidance or for international guidelines, please search using NICE Evidence or the TRIP Database.
- New additions to the page are coloured blue.
|Quality standards for the respiratory management of children with neuromuscular weakness||2014||British Thoracic Society|
|Managing passengers with respiratory disease planning air travel||2011||British Thoracic Society|
|An outcomes strategy for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma in England||2011||Department of Health|
|Tuberculosis in the UK: what is being done?||2011||BMA|
- 1. ULHT Guidelines (ULH intranet only)
- Check to see if ULHT Guidelines exist:
- 2. Point of Care Tools
- 3. Secondary Evidence
- Includes guidelines, evidence reviews, health technology assessments, policy documents, and systematic reviews.
- 4. Search for Journal Articles
- To find research articles published in journals, use the healthcare databases. For help, please see our how-to guide.
- * NHS Athens username & password required
- These RSS feeds show recently published news, evidence and key journal articles.
- Items from the HeLLO: Current Awareness Bulletin, and the Guidelines, Policies and Evidence Reviews feeds should be available fulltext. Just click on an item in the list.
- Please use our journal article request service to obtain articles from the Key Research feed.
- Find Journals
- This section comprises the main current and embargoed e-journals relevant to the speciality. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list, and other e-journals may be available.
- To see all available Journals, please search or browse My Journals.
- Allergy and Asthma Proceedings Jan 2003-
- Allergy and Asthma Proceedings Jan 1980 - May 2012 ULH | LPT ?
- American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology Jan 1994 - ULH | LPT ?
- Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy May 2006 - Oct 2011 ULH | LPT ?
- Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy Dec 2004-
- Case Reports in Pulmonology Jan 2012 - ULH | LPT ?
- Chronic Respiratory Disease Feb 2004-
- Chronic Respiratory Disease May 2004 - ULH | LPT ?
- Clinical Lung Cancer Jul 2009- (12)
- Clinical Medicine Insights. Circulatory, Respiratory and Pulmonary Medicine Jan 2007 - ULH | LPT ?
- Cough Jan 2009 - ULH | LPT ?
- Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Asthma Jan 2012 - ULH | LPT ?
- Current Allergy and Asthma Reports Jan 2001- ULH (12)
- Current Allergy and Asthma Reports Jan 2001 - ULH | LPT (12) ?
- Experimental Lung Research Jan 1999- (18)
- Expert Review of Respiratory Medicine Aug 2007 - ULH | LPT ?
- Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences Jan 2011- ULH
- Iranian Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Mar 2009 - ULH | LPT ?
- Journal of Asthma Feb 2001- (18)
- Journal of Asthma Feb 2001- LPT (18)
- Lung Jan 1997- (12)
- Lung Jan 1997 - ULH | LPT (12) ?
- Lung Cancer International Jan 2012 - ULH | LPT ?
- Lung India Jan 2008 - ULH | LPT ?
- Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing Apr 2006 - (6)
- Practice Nursing Nov 2007 -
- Respiration Jan 2005 - Dec 2011
- Respiration Jan 1998 - ULH | LPT (12) ?
- Respiratory Medicine Jan 2003 - ULH | LPT (2) ?
- Respiratory Research Jan 2000-
- Respiratory Research Jan 2009 - ULH | LPT ?
- Respiratory Therapeutics Week Feb 2003 - ULH | LPT ?
- The Annals of Respiratory Medicine Jan 2009 - Jan 2011 ULH | LPT ?
- The Journal of Respiratory Diseases Mar 2007 - Dec 2008 ULH | LPT ?
- The Year in Respiratory Medicine Aug 2005 - Jan 2009 ULH | LPT ?
- Thorax Jan 1997 - Dec 2003 ULH | LPT ?
- Thorax Dec 1955- ULH (3)
- Treatments in Respiratory Medicine Jan 2004 - Dec 2006
- Tuberculosis and Thorax / Tuberkoloz Ve Toraks Sep 2008-
- Find Books
- These have been bought for ULHT and LPFT staff only.
- They are available fulltext with an NHS Athens username and password. If you do not have an NHS Athens account, please self-register.
- You may view eBrary e-books in the following ways:
- Print Books
- Search for books on respiratory medicine in the hospital libraries.
- In addition we offer the following services:
- Journal Article Requests - ask the library to source and then send you a journal article.
- Literature Searching - ask a librarian to search the literature or evidence on a specific topic.
- eToC alert - request an eToC alert to receive the contents page of the latest issueof a journal.
- Tailored alerts - keep yourself up-to-date with the latest news and research for a specific project, clinical trial or a topic of interest.
- What's hot - evidence on topics of current interest, including 7-day working, AAA, PPCI, the Keogh Review, Sepsis and Integrated Care.
- Information Skills Training - learn how to search or appraise the literature yourself by requesting literature searching or critical appraisal training.
- RefWorks - for managing your references, citations and bibliographies, for research papers, audits or assignments.