- Respiratory Medicine Subject Collection
- A collection of all the library resources available for respiratory medicine practitioners.
- ULH = access permitted for ULHT staff only.
LPT = access permitted for LPFT staff only.
LCHS = access permitted for LCHS staff only.
$ = access by username and password; contact the library for details.
(18), (12), (6), (3) - content is embargoed for the last 18, 12, 6 or 3 months etc.
? = Helpsheet for accessing journals from the ProQuest Hospital Collection.
- UK Guidance
- This section covers UK guidelines published since January 2011, and is updated every other month. For the very latest guidance or for international guidelines, please search using NICE Evidence or the TRIP Database.
- New additions to the page are coloured blue.
- Step-by-Step Evidence Ladder
- 1. ULHT Guidelines (ULH intranet only)
- Check to see if ULHT Guidelines exist:
- 2. Point of Care Tools
- The UpToDate v Dynamed trial has now finished
- Thank you for completing the trial survey. It will now be analysed and a decision made about whether to buy UpToDate.
- In the meantime, you still have access to Dynamed
- 3. Secondary Evidence
- Includes guidelines, evidence reviews, health technology assessments, policy documents, and systematic reviews.
- 4. Search for Journal Articles
- To find research articles published in journals, use the healthcare databases. For help, please see our how-to guide.
- * NHS Athens username & password required
- These RSS feeds show recently published news, evidence and key journal articles.
- Items from the HeLLO: Current Awareness Bulletin, and the Guidelines, Policies and Evidence Reviews feeds should be available fulltext. Just click on an item in the list.
- Please use our journal article request service to obtain articles from the Key Research feed.
- Find Journals
- This section comprises the main current and embargoed e-journals relevant to the speciality. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list, and other e-journals may be available.
- To see all available Journals, please search or browse My Journals.
- Allergy and Asthma Proceedings Jan 2003-
- Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy Dec 2004-
- Chronic Respiratory Disease Feb 2004-
- Clinical Lung Cancer Jul 2009- (12)
- Current Allergy and Asthma Reports Jan 2001- ULH (12)
- Experimental Lung Research Jan 1999- (18)
- Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences Jan 2011- ULH
- Journal of Asthma Feb 2001- (18)
- Journal of Asthma Feb 2001- LPT (18)
- Lung Jan 1997- (12)
- Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing Apr 2006 - (6)
- Practice Nursing Nov 2007 -
- Respiration Jan 2005 - Dec 2011
- Respiratory Research Jan 2000-
- Thorax Dec 1955- ULH (3)
- Treatments in Respiratory Medicine Jan 2004 - Dec 2006
- Tuberculosis and Thorax / Tuberkoloz Ve Toraks Sep 2008-
- Find Books
- These have been bought for ULHT and LPFT staff only.
- They are available fulltext with an NHS Athens username and password. If you do not have an NHS Athens account, please self-register.
- You may view eBrary e-books in the following ways:
- Print Books
- Search for books on respiratory medicine in the hospital libraries.
- In addition we offer the following services:
- Journal Article Requests - ask the library to source and then send you a journal article.
- Literature Searching - ask a librarian to search the literature or evidence on a specific topic.
- eToC alert - request an eToC alert to receive the contents page of the latest issueof a journal.
- Tailored alerts - keep yourself up-to-date with the latest news and research for a specific project, clinical trial or a topic of interest.
- What's hot - evidence on topics of current interest, including 7-day working, AAA, PPCI, the Keogh Review, Sepsis and Integrated Care.
- Information Skills Training - learn how to search or appraise the literature yourself by requesting literature searching or critical appraisal training.